- This year, I co-hosted the YA Contemporary Challenge with Katie's Book Blog. It's been one of my favorite challenges for the past few years, so it was amazing to have the chance to co-host it! I'll be running the challenge next year, and sign-ups will open soon.
- Katie and I also hosted the 1st Annual YA Contemporary Scavenger Hunt, and 28 authors participated. It was such a fun experience and there definitely will be another scavenger hunt next year!
- For the second year in a row, Rachel from Beauty and the Bookshelf and I co-hosted The Belles' Enchanted Book Exchange. Thank you so much to everyone who participated!
- I was able to meet Robin LaFevers, Jenny Han, Tahereh Mafi, Anna Banks, Mary E. Pearson, and Marissa Meyer at book events.
- The Bloggers: There's so many incredible bloggers whose blogs I love to visit or who leave the sweetest comments. Rachel from A Perfection Called Books is a relatively new blogger, and has so many awesome posts and recommendations! If you're not yet following her blog, you definitely should be ;) Em from The YA Book Butterfly is one of my real life friends and we're currently teaming up for January Epic Recs. Lili from Lili's Reflections is always awesome to talk to and one of my first blogging friends. Beth from Living a Goddess Life hosts great swaps (such as the 12 Days of Christmas Swap) along with featuring both bookish and lifestyle content on her blog. I'm planning to try one of her Printcess eyeshadows eventually! They're so pretty (especially the Fairytale collection) :) Ali from Kindlemom and Tanja from Ja čitam, a ti? leave the nicest comments and are two places I always check for reviews of books that I'm planning to read. Maji Bookshelf and Katie's Book Blog are two of the first blogs I ever followed and still favorites of mine. There's so many other amazing blogs that I'm probably forgetting.
- The Authors: Thank you so much to Lauren Oliver, Rachael Allen, Chelsey Philpot, Jaye Robin Brown, Tiffany Schmidt, J.K. Rock, Paula Stokes, Rachel Harris, Kara Taylor, Michelle Madow, Rachel DeWoskin, Liz Czukas, Eileen Cook, Donna Cooner, Kelly Oram, Jennifer Brown, C. Desir, Angie Stanton, Joy N. Hensley, Kim Culbertson, Jenny Hubbard, Janet Gurtler, Rachel M. Wilson, Mary Elizabeth Summer, Katie McGarry, Lauren Morrill, Stasia Ward Kehoe, and Dahlia Adler for taking the time to write posts and contribute prizes for the YA Contemporary Scavenger Hunt! I also had the chance to interview Eve Silver, the author of the Game series, earlier in the year.
- The Publishers: HarperTeen, PenguinTeen, Bloomsbury, Macmillan, Little Brown, Harlequin Teen, St. Martin's Press and Simon and Schuster all have amazing publicists and put out great titles.
- The Visitors: Thank you so much to anyone who has taken the time to comment, follow, or even visit The Book Belles <3
They can be found here :)
One Direction: They're my favorite band ever and I was able to see them in Pasadena this year, which was incredible!
5 Seconds of Summer: Their cover of What I Like About You is awesome if you haven't heard it, and their new album is full of amazing songs. Every member plays an instrument, too :)
Veronica Mars: I watched this entire show at the very beginning of the year, and it's now one of my all time favorites! I love Logan and the mysteries throughout the show are so intriguing.
The 100: I haven't read the books, and I'm not sure if I will, but I've loved the show since its' beginning. Bellarke needs to happen and this show just seems to get better and better ;)
Selfie: Sadly, this show was recently canceled but the unaired episodes are being uploaded to Hulu. This show is hilarious, and it's another one that progressively gets better as it goes on.
There will be three winners for the following international giveaway. Each winner will be able to pick a prize pack of their choice from the five options below. All of the books are either personal favorites or books that other bloggers have loved. Good luck! :)
Prize Pack #1:
Prize Pack #2:
Prize Pack #3:
Prize Pack #4:
a Rafflecopter giveaway